Thursday, November 08, 2007

Back Again

The other day a ff email told me I got another reader on the story alert list. It made me happy--and a little guilty--I had no idea people are still reading Deeper than the Sky. (Curiously, ch5 has 40 more hits than ch4. Are the readers skipping ahead to the most recent ch, hoping for more closure, or do they reread ch5 again for Van?)

Perhaps there is no need to write an apology--only ch6 will compensate my year absence.

Hello again. m(_ _)m


Ch6 still remains elusive. My original plan was to have Van's meeting with Basram for its first half, and Van+Hitomi's meeting second. But I'm having such trouble with the political meeting, its dialogue and its innuendos, what Van should be as a ruler now and his maturity later, how much of Basram and its complications I should present. Would it be so bad to cut it out, and filter the meeting through Hitomi's experience? Or would this instead be even more confusing because it would be a second-hand of a second-hand?

Most likely, the only way to find out is to write it.


A drawing from a long time ago:

4 comments:

Borrego said...

First time I visit since you changed your template, I like it.

Stephanie Van Orman said...

I love that pic of Van! Did you do it yourself? It rocks!

Chapter 18 of Dragon's Moon has more hits than any other chapter in my trilogy. And then the next most popular are the fist six chapters of 'Mystic Wings'. Yes, people reread their favourite chapters, which is a great sign. I think that a good way of guessing how many people have read your story (especially after you get more chapters) is to see which chapter has the lowest hit count.

Cheers!

jomiel said...

I'm glad you like it, Borrego.

Sapphirefly, thanks for sharing your experience. It's so great to have you watch over me ;D No surprise that ch4 has the least readers, haha!

Anonymous said...

Good post.