Thursday, March 15, 2007

Esca Music

This week while I'm organizing music for a request by Algelic I realized that I have all of the Escaflowne soundtracks except for the Yubiwa single and the Jeture audio drama.

Although the Yoko Kanno Project is fantastic, especially its efforts in lyrics transcription, one of my dream Esca projects is to list each track with the corresponding episode number. I think it'll enhance the emotional nuance of the particular scene when we listen to the music alone. But even with repeat viewings of the series, some of these tracks are hard to pinpoint. Perhaps I'll ask for reader assistance in the project when I post ch6.

Favorite tracks: First Vision (movie), Romance (OST1), Eyes (OST1). And of course, Into the Light (OST3), DS's theme song ;3

Curiously, on all three OST covers, Hitomi's eyes are purple.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding Hitomi's eyes, yeah, I've only noticed it now. Btw, Into the Light is supposed to be Hitomi's song for Van, right? And Aoi Hitomi is for Allen? That is what I read...

jomiel said...

Yeah, that's what I thought for Into the Light and Aoi Hitomi, too.

Good-bye
I love you more than anyone else
Even more deeply than the sky
Don't cry
We'll meet again, okay?
But only I know we can't meet again

; ;

algelic said...

Thank you! ^^
I guess our favourite songs are different. But I'd still be able to listen for hours and hours to the entire soundtrack. Lately I've been addicted to a soundtrack of a Japanese drama called "Iryu Medical Team Dragon". It's so good! Even if the drama isn't excellent, the soundtrack is AWESOME!

jomiel said...

Which ones are your favorite ones? ;)

Also, just sent you an email about m4a format.