Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Working on Chapter 6

After putzing around on the storyline, I finally have some real content that I want to write. I am pretty excited since this fanfic is never far from my mind all these years--mostly feeling guilty about not finishing the story.

In the intervening years though, I've entered my 30s, and I hope that I will still be able to write from the perspective of 25 year old Hitomi and Van.

Some house cleaning stuff:
- will need to update this website, not sure if I still have the main graphic anymore
- re-read the first 5 chapters
- clean up my notes from these years
- read the Compendium again for facts, although I don't think I'll need to re-watch the series since 1) it will take time, 2) I'll be too tempted to do a bunch of other things that are not writing, 3) I probably still have so much of it committed to memory since I am a ridiculous fanatic.

I've started on chapter 6 though it will take another few hours of work to finish the first draft. I think this time I'll attempt to write the story and then do the editing separately, to try to preserve the inertia of committing the story down to paper. Let's see how it goes!

No comments: