Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Backstories

My brilliant idea today was to write more backstories for DS, so off I went on wikipedia for details I've missed and new articles.
1. Read about steampunk and identified Esca elements: airships, guymelefs, crystal power, fate alteration machine, energist bomb
2. Read again about Edgar Cayce
3. Read again about Ignatius Donnelly
4. Read about Immanuel Velikovsky
5. Read about Freidich Schiller
6. Read about the sinking of Helike in Greece in 373 BC
7. Read the article on Numenor

Still need more backstories, and though it's likely I wouldn't fit them all into DS (and really shouldn't), they'll help build the culture and interactions between groups.

I'm more and more into the idea that Hitomi could turn out to be a significant political figure that exceeds her role in Esca. Having Hitomi in a powerful role is so appealing. My only hesitation right now is how it will turn out for her. I don't want Hitomi to be a ruler of a separate country like Princess of La Vallex, but there must still be numerous roles for her in the future of Gaea--I just can't think of any right now.


Can't quite remember where this is from, though it must be from an official illustration:

No comments: