Friday, April 04, 2008

Stuck Stuck Stuck

Actually, the stupidest thing about being stuck is that DS is a romance story. It's not like people are going to pay that much attention to non-kissing scenes, yet these are the very ones I'm stuck on. Irony. All the romance scenes are decided. I've changed things here and there, minor things like what Hitomi and Van say to each other--but I can see each scene so clearly. At least, they are worth looking forward to.


This morning while thinking of more ideas for ch6, I thought of a strange question: If Escaflowne had not been sealed within the Fanelia temple after Goau's death, would it be possible for someone other than Folken and Van to make a blood pact with it?

Normal melefs and guymelefs are controlled by any pilot. But for Escaflowne, even though it requires a blood pact, if both brothers failed, or if someone got an energist first--would it be possible for Escaflowne to be commanded by someone completely unrelated?

I think it would be. There isn't data to suggest the Espano made Escaflowne exclusively for Fanelia (making possible my little insert in ch4 for Escaflowne to be a dowry from Tyrrhenia), and the Ispanos seem like moneygrubbers (I mean seriously how many gidaru did they charge) that I can't imagine them making anything exclusive enough to deny their own profits.

I hope I'll be able to include the Ispanos as planned. The little buggers are so funny. And DS is lacking in the funny right now.

No comments: