Monday, April 07, 2008

Protector of the Heavens

It's been a while since I've seen the series and I don't have the filmbooks with me--was there a phrase to describe Escaflowne as "protector of the heavens"? It seems too together for me to make it up, but then memory is sometimes a tricky thing. I've searched lyrics and Escaflowne Compendium already; if I can't find it in the filmbooks this weekend, I'll have to delegate it to the pile of facts I made up.

I think instead of focusing on my failure of coming up with anything plausible for ch6, I should resign myself to wandering thoughts on end-story. At least, it's coming along.

Ah, my other thought recently was on age. During Esca, V+H were 15, and their dreams and beliefs in themselves and each other supported their intentions throughout the story and ultimately outwilled the Fate Alternation Machine. For DS, V+H are 25--and are the defining characteristics courage and desire for truth?

No comments: