Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Day of Planting

Ch4 takes place on the Day of Planting, a festival in April time, and yesterday I was writing the ceremony from weeks worth of notes. But I actually haven't written the actual dedication beforehand, and as I wrote more and more about the scene, I find myself grasping in memory for Bible imagery and sentence structure.

And this is what I came up with so far:
"On this day, Year of the Crystal East, White, 20th Moon, we hereby ask your blessing on this Day of Planting, that our fields may be laden with gold from your gift of rain and our storehouses be filled from your body earth, that our young grow up strong in your image and our old lay to rest in your peace, that our king lead our beloved Fanelia to prosperity with your voice and deliver justice with your wisdom. This we ask, on this Day of Planting."

I omitted the usage of thee, thou, thine, because I suck at it, and Bible prose is really more than just using those vocabulary. Still needs more work, though, to even come close to calling my sentence modeled after its prose.

2 comments:

Sapphirefly said...

Let me know if you want my thoughts. Cheers!

jomiel said...

Yes, of course!