Monday, October 16, 2006

Blog & Website

After talking with Chocolatelova about hew new blog design and looking at Sasha's site, I got infected with the redesign bug. I edited the original code from Blogger, placement design from Blogskins, and used my ch3 drawing. The star brush is awesome if anyone has Photoshop. This new look still needs more work--the image is a huge download, there are mismatched seams, the side bar should be darker--but I'm tired for the night ._,

Right now, my only ideas for an Escaflowne website are:
1. uncommon screenshots, scans
2. DS, Dragon stories, drawings
3. character analyses that rival college dissertations

So it's pretty much horrible site content so far ; ; We'll see if I can come up with something better.

edit: I've thrown some stuff together, will expand over next few days.
edit2: I, of course, promptly lied and spent 6 hours on jomiel.com, mostly on edits for drawings and comments.

3 comments:

jomiel said...

I know, but jpgs don't have transparency ; ; I'll try to think of a better solution.

jomiel said...

Whoa, that's awesome. I never really thought other people than my online buddies would be interested, haha :P

I took the design from http://www.blogskins.com/info/113423, actually. Only changed the image and made it more Blogger beta compatible.

Anonymous said...

The new design looks good! and it's really cool that you used your own art in the layout. :)

Why do you need a transparent image? Gifs can be transparent as well as png's, and are often much smaller (though a difference in quality - it depends). You also might be able to work around needing transparency using other methods, since the elements in your layout are fixed in their position (meaning: everything stays in the same place when you resize the browser).

Honestly, the content you have listed for your site so far seems decent to me. You will probably think of many more things to add as you are making you site.