Sunday, October 15, 2006

Progress Update 8

As usual, I've been thinking about some things at the same time and nothing comes to fruition quickly. (Also unrelated to DS: I got a new game, cooked more often, and have an exam for tomorrow.)
1. revisions on ch5--this is taking forever. Really need to just sit down one night and stop thinking about other chs.
2. planning transitional ch between ch5 and original ch6
3. tempted to make new blog design. Fooled around a bit with them.
4. changing plot a bit for more tension and excitement

Oh, exciting news: I've just received my batch of OSTs and the first 4 film books from Klet. (She has an awesome cel collection on Escaflowne.) There's a little line of notes on each page and a whole section of designs in the back. I might look into getting the last 2 books after I'm done wafting through these. Good thing I read Chinese and know enough Japanese like a 3rd grader :P The only annoyance with the books is the writing style--every line attempts to be exciting. Oh well, it's a fault with all film books, I guess.

The drawings on Escaflowne is just fantastic. Maybe I'll see if the school has a scanner I can use, and post some Van pictures ;3

Another idea I had today was to make an Escaflowne website. Maybe with uncommon screenshots or my character analysis. I'm not sure yet if this is a good idea ._. I really love Escaflowne Compendium and Lizzard.net for their fantastic compilations on Escaflowne information found nowhere else, and it just seems like to make a site different from any other Escaflowne fan sites would require a wealth of special content.

3 comments:

Sincerity said...

I really admire people who can create their own websites and web designs. I am currently trying to teach myself html and study how sites I like are made. But... its hard for me. :(
I am good at drawing and taking photos. My brother is great at computer graphics and told me to try using photoshop for my art and then stick them into my html.
If I ever figure out how I'll try.
But if making a website of your own is something you are thinking about then do it! In my opinion, every fan has a different perspective to share.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment! It is hard to draw "watercolor-ish" in Photoshop. I used to use a program called Open Canvas, which had a beautiful watercolor feature. I think they charge for it now, but you could still probably find an old version to download for free online.

make your website :) It would be worth it, especially if you're putting your own content on it.

jomiel said...

Sasha: I've heard of Coral Painter being awesome at oil painting and watercolor, but I'll have to try out openCanvas. I've toyed with transparency settings in Photoshop, but the way brush strokes blend into each other is still too opaque. I guess I'm still a pretty new user ; ;

Sincerity: The cool thing about Photoshop, at least among webusers, is the selection of brushes you can download from others. It makes backgrounds, etc. pretty easy.