Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tarot

I broken down and bought a set of Merlin tarot cards. Today I decided to try it out, to see what the fates hold for my DS project. Dun dun dun~

And it's really creepy! =o=;
Celtic Cross spread for 10 cards. I'll only list the qualities for the upright cards. (Inverted cards are supposed to mean early stages, losing their power, blocked/restricted, incomplete/denied, inappropriate, or only present in appearance.)
  1. inverted Justice - responsibility, decision, cause/effect
  2. inverted 8 fish/cups - deeper meaning, moving on, weariness
  3. inverted 3 fish/cups - exuberance, friendship, community
  4. inverted Star - hpe, inspiration, generosity, serenity
  5. inverted Lovers - relationship, sexuality, beliefs, values
  6. inverted king fish/cups - wise, calm, diplomatic, caring, tolerant
  7. inverted 5 fish - loss, bereavement, regret
  8. inverted knight beast/pentacle - unwavering...stubborn, cautious...unadventurous, thorough...obsessive
  9. inverted 9 beast/pentacle - discipline, self-reliance, refinement
  10. knight serpent/wands - charming...superficial, daring...foolhardy, adventurous...restless, passionate...hot-tempered
Alright, so according to the cards:
  • core situation, 1 & 2 - my decisions were incomplete, and thus the story's deeper meaning is unclear and making it hard to write.
  • levels of consciousness, 3 & 5 - even though I've tried to build ties, the relationships are not working.
  • time, 4 & 6 - my inspiration is flagging, and getting a little anxious.
  • self and other, 7 & 8 - I shouldn't think of regrets, and should be more adventurous to other ideas.
  • future, 5 & 10 - complete the romance, but beware of common traps.
  • hopes/fears/guidance, 9 - needs more work on DS
Seriously, isn't it scary? The other spooky thing is that I draw a lot more fish/cups cards, which stand for emotions and relationships.

/runs off to bed to hide with my pillows

And what better screenshot to accompany today's post than:

4 comments:

Sincerity said...

Not to creep you out even more but tarot cards and weegie boards are not pretend. It is well known, especially in oriental countries, that these things are used to call up evil spirits and are designed to open communication with the supernatural.
I would be very careful if I were you because things do start to happen and its never for the benefit of the person(s) who use them.
Heck, even Hitomi said it was a bad idea to mess around with fortune telling! ( Just one more of the many glimpses the Japanese used to insert their cultural beliefs through anime)

jomiel said...

Lol, I just got lucky with this one. I had did a few practice runs before this, and none of them were anywhere close :P I know some people really respect tarot cards, but to me they're just art and history.

Hitomi decided not to do fortune telling because it's ultimately our decisions that affect our future, hm? ^^

I rather thought the cultural belief was not in the fortune telling itself, but rather in how she accepts everything as her fault. That was highly patriarchal Japanese.

jomiel said...

And, oh, I had upgraded my blogger account to the beta version, so if people notice anything breaking, let me know ; ;

I tried to make it as much like the original as possible, but that huge white space sidebar is driving me nuts >:(

Anonymous said...

I love that pic!