Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Guilty Conscience

Chocolatelova read my story outline today and said that it will take a long time to write and that I need commitment ;x; I think that's why I post all the time--because I'm horrible with project longevity. To make the process so public (at least to my friends who read), I force myself to continue, to not disappoint them. There's nothing so effective on me as guilt, after all.

Of course, right after I posted chapter titles, I added some more scenes and made it 21 chapters. I will restart writing soon--the storyline is almost at the point that I cannot force it into good alterations and resolutions, that I must write and let the characters carry on by themselves and see where they take me.

Even though I've tried to develop interesting plots and character developments, it's really the romance that drives me. Atrocious, I know. But it's so hard to stop my obsession with Van.

When I start writing again, I'll celebrate and post the screenshot that makes me write such a conclusion to the series.

5 comments:

jomiel said...

I'm looking forward to restarting--it means I can post that awesome picture ;3

Sapphirefly said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't give up on the storyboard though. Believe me, when you're writing a novel, if you don't have a serious course in mind when you start the story will get primitive and disorganized. Another bonus is that it stops you from getting 'writers' block' because you KNOW where the story is going.

However, I don't think that you have to have it 100% thought out, but an outline really helps.

I loved what you had me read, so I'm encouraging you. Your romance was exceptionally nice, so it's okay to let your strengths guide you. ^_^! I'm rooting for you!

jomiel said...

I really appreciate your suggestions, Sapphirefly. The outline made my original idea much stronger and more developed ^^ It's just that I'm horrible at continuing the same thing over several days. Even if it's just the switch between prose and outline work, the change recharges me.

I'm happy you liked the romance. There will probably be lots of fluffy moments <3

algelic said...

I want to read your story! :)


I'm really thinking about writing a story WITH another person. Maybe it would be cool. The other person would always help me if I had writter's block or something.

jomiel said...

That sounds interesting. You should probably pick someone who has similar writing style and ideas as you, I think.