Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thinking

I haven't yet decided on some things, but writing it out will help me:

- How does Hitomi and Van see each other while they were apart? Is it actual communication? Is it a vision? Is it images that they can send each other by their thoughts? Is it only their imagination, and there's no actual communication at all? I'm sort of leaning toward the last one (her image of Van on a rock might be any of the three), but perhaps it doesn't need to be defined at all.

- The first conflict over her pendant is in ch 2 (this was what I added to ch 2 that made the chapter better). Revelation of the mystery is in ch 12. Is that too far apart? Do I need to give little hints and details in between?

- It's highly ironic that I'm trying to write politics' mysteries and convolutions for the overall plot while I never followed it in my life... Maybe I should change it to something I actually know about >o<

- How would Van show his wings? He obviously values it for its functionality, but there's so much feelings attached to its use--common perception of its curse, Goau and Varie's marriage, Varie's instructions to Van, Merle and Hitomi's acceptance, Folken's black wings, etc.--that I can't imagine the decision to bare it is trivial. But I want to create a circumstance, that instead of being forced to use it in the time of greatest need, Van decides to show it for its emotional purpose. What should it be, and who should see it? Should I tell it from Van, to show his thoughts as he makes the decision, or from Hitomi, to show her understanding of his decision? Perhaps the latter; it sounds more fun.

6 comments:

jomiel said...

1. Oooo, your reply just made me think that I can make it a combination of all three. That would work out pretty well, actually.

2. I sense some typically Van cryptic answers.

3. Yah, I should probably stick to that extent, instead of playing out a whole political upheaval between Basram's president and his ambitious nephew, or Cesario's aging king and clueless grandson and his treacherous chief diplomat. That's like displaying all my ignorance of the fine art of diplomatic relations and reading underlying motivations, haha.

4. HMMMM.

Sapphirefly said...

Hey, I thought I was going to help you with the politics?

Oh well ... thibbit!

jomiel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jomiel said...

If you are willing, that would be fantastic! :O After some thought yesterday, I think that would really be the best course of action for the story, even though it will require a lot of work and thought. Of course, I should do some research and reading too. I was thinking about developing a sort of Middle East politics environment.

edit: Oops, I guess the delete comment function didn't work as I thought it would be. I had wanted to edit my comment...

algelic said...

I've been reading your blog for a while... and I have no idea what your fic is about. I mean... as far as I could tell it's an Escaflowne fic with Van/Hitomi pairing. But is it a continuation fic? Have you posted it yet? Give me information! :P I'm feeling in the dark...

jomiel said...

Good point, Algelic. I guess I haven't been doing very well about transmitting the general info across ; ; I'll make that my post tonight!