Saturday, June 24, 2006

Late Night

I work on my fic late at night, and by the time I go to bed I'm usually still thinking about a sentence or a plot point. I would visual a certain scene and sometimes act it out. Problem is, I would be in my bed, all snuggled in with my pillows and comforter just right, the layer of air inside turned cozy, so I loathe getting out of bed to sit in front of the bright screen, even though I know that if I don't do it, I won't be able to remember it in the morning.

Yesterday I dug out my digital voice recorder, but I quickly discovered two problems with this plan: 1) Sleepiness doesn't help coherance when I already talk worse than I write. 2) It's embarrassing to be talking to myself when my boyfriend is also in bed.


In other news: I've thought of a great solution for Van's wings. It will be exciting and perfect for that situation.

I've been working on ch 3 for almost 2 weeks ; ; Maybe I should just delete Hitomi's paragraphs and start with something new.

4 comments:

jomiel said...

I guess this is the case when I'm too smart for my own good ._.

Sapphirefly said...

I've tried to do voice recordings as well. I haven't had much success with it myself, but I know there's a lot of potential there. I think being able to do it effectively must take a lot of practice.

algelic said...

LOL voice recordings! Oh joy!

My mom got me a voice recorder when I was about 12 (I dunno what for... she just likes to buy me useless expensive stuff) and I've never used it. Well, I tried it but I don't have any use for it. Because: a) I found out that I hated the sound of my voice (although people say it's pretty) and b) I feel silly talking to no one.

I also do a lot of thinking about my fanfic before I go to bed. Well, lately I haven't had time for that... I go to bed way too tired to think (after spending the entire day studying). But still, it's a precious moment! :P I often fell asleep with the pen in my hand while I was taking notes.

jomiel said...

That's also why I don't think it worked out--I always think the sound of my own voice is dumb, and I hate listening to it. I also hate looking at videos of myself. I make the weirdest expressions, and always look so awkward.

So, Sapphirefly's comment is probably true! I'll need more practice and such to get good at it.