Monday, July 17, 2006

Afterward

After I posted ch1 today, I was at first anxious if everything showed up okay. I then hurried to make forums, and updated my profile to reflect its posted status. When the fic showed up on Escaflowne directory, then I panicked at how ff didn't take the semicolon in one of my sentences and made the summary look like a horrible mistake. As I scrambled to fix that, I felt a little better when I saw that no one had accessed the fic yet.

After all that, I was still nervous and excited. I refreshed the stat screen every five minutes, and hurried to respond to reviews immediately.

But as the afternoon wore on, I refreshed stats at longer and longer intervals. I stepped away from the computer and made some tea. I did some errands. I imed some friends. I worked on ch2.

And I realized that I began to step into the contented stage, where everything becomes a pleasant surprise.

Today was a good day. Which brings us to Picture #3:

No comments: