Monday, July 10, 2006

Waff

waff: warm and fuzzy feelings

Perhaps it's because we never got to see any siginificant V+H scenes in the anime, or because I dream up vastly romantic plots, or because I haven't really seen any waff Escaflowne fic brilliantly excuted, but more than anything, when I write DS, I want to fulfill my waff allotment. And there will be waff! ^^v

And the strangest thing is, when I visualize romantic scenes, I do it from the perspective of the guy. Is it because guys are supposed to be the proactive ones? Or because I feel that Van's reactions are more interesting than Hitomi's?

Telling moments for Van:
- Van realizes Hitomi is a girl, first attraction when she pushed him on the bridge (ep 6)
- reveals Draconian secret -> trusts her as friend, same level as Merle (ep 8)
- protection of Hitomi as duty: wants her to live. understands her frailty and need for protection (ep 11)
- blushes at the hug's intimate contact (ep 24)

If not for Van's appearance on Earth, Van most likely would not meet a girl like Hitomi--compassionate, generous, spunky. How lucky for him. But, Chocolatelova and I cannot figure out why he got on Earth in the first place. There was certainly no significant event to thrust him and the dragon on an interplanetary journey. I guess it must be fate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all fluff so i'll be excited to read your fic. I wonder why you think " - Van realizes Hitomi is a girl, first attraction when she pushed him on the bridge (ep 6)"? I dident notice this when I first watched it lol

jomiel said...

I'll put up that screenshot for you on my next post ^^ When Hitomi pushed him down, and was lying so close to him, Van had a "omg there's a girl on my back" expression.

I like Escaflowne's guy characters much more than girl characters, because they have such undercurrents of thought that does not readily show through in dialogue.

jomiel said...

Okay, I lied about posting the screenshot, haha; I ended up writing another topic. I recommend rewatching the scene, anyway. It's such a great scene ^^