Monday, July 17, 2006

Rewatching

Chocolatelova and I discuss scenes from Escaflowne so much, and today my anime knowledge failed on Van's gloveless scene T_T

So that was the final straw in my motivation to download a DVD player after my reinstall. I also created a screenshot key, yay. Now I really need to divide my Escaflowne screencaps into episode folders; they're getting out of control.

I'll probably watch the series again this week, to make sure I grab all the screenshots I need and record down actual names and titles. It's hard to describe passages well without visualizing the space, and I also noted that titles for Balgus, Luva, Yurizen, and Asona are actually "four brigadier generals of the samurais of Fanelia", even though they are also the chief vassals. (Although, I'm quite proud that I actually guessed the their "chief vassal" status right, and also guessed their army divisions right, based on their formal armor ^^v) Escaflowne Compendium is great for little information tidbits, but there are also things that only I think is important, lol.

3 comments:

algelic said...

I'm getting so sad. Escaflowne has to be one of the best animes I've seen. I still can't get over the fact that it's over! Only 26 episodes!!! *cries*
One of my favourite Escaflowne moments was when Hitomi slapped Van in the barn.

I don't know a thing about rankings. Not only military ones... I also don't know who is the more powerful: a count or a duke? LOL and what about a viscount? Can anyone tell me?

jomiel said...

Algelic,

When I have weird questions like that, this is what I do:

- wikipedia.org
I use this to look up everything. It has multiple links within the entry, so you sometimes end up finding more and more info about the topic.

- google seaches
People write websites on everything. A community, club, or organization's site is usually more accurate than personal webpage, but sometimes I get surprised, too.

- nanowrimo.org
This is the November Novel Writing Month's website. Their forums are pretty useful. You can post questions or view their numerous links.

- somethingawful.com forums
Okay, most people are not members (you have to pay a $10 one-time fee), but it's pretty useful for me, haha. There's an Ask/Tell forum that people often post about their experience as policeman, salesrep in Victoria's Secret, mouse costume at Chuckee Cheese, etc.

Does this help?

algelic said...

Hmmm sort of. Thanks ^^

I use wikipedia and google search all the time. :)