Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Posting Hesitations

Ch 1 done. I added some more tidbits about Sousuke's character and Hitomi's feelings toward her decision.

I prepared my author's notes for ch 1 tonight, although I still hesitate at posting it on ff. I'm not sure what it is that frightens me. The finality of it, perhaps. Once I post, there would be responsibilities and obligations. But it's more than the push to finish this project. There's no going back to fix certain mistakes. It would mean baring this project, injected with personal feelings, imbued with my own ambitions and desires, into public view. And each sentence that gives me secret delight, that I value for itself, would be placed under scrutiny.

Would I be able to accept it?

But ultimately, what good is my goal of creating a believable story that gives Van and Hitomi a second chance to come together, if I don't provide the experience for others who might enjoy it, too?


Plan for the week: Fix up ch 2. Dream sequence problematic. Complete Merle's narrative with more detail. V+H meeting needs to be more exciting and boring at the same time.

Today's sentence:
She was alone, her family and friends in all directions calling her name, urging her on, but it didn’t matter which way was true, because there was no truth after all.

4 comments:

algelic said...

Good luck! ;)

jomiel said...

Thanks for all the support, guys. And of course, you're right. I'll let ch1 sit for a little while I work on ch2, and post when that's done.

Sapphirefly said...

I think you'll find it a positive experience. And I'm rooting for you. Besides, you've already uploaded a piece, and you said you're still getting reviews for it, right? Go hard!

jomiel said...

Very true.

Thanks guys, I'm so happy! I guess I wanted to whine a little, lol.