Friday, July 14, 2006

Food and Culture

An email today made me think about how much I love food. I always appreciate cheap food--ramen, McDonald's burgers and fries, tacos, hotdogs--but I also think special meals are never extravagent--crab feast in Hokkaido, uni sushi, Indian lamb basmati rice, real southern barbeque ribs.

I've casted food into important roles in my fic, but now I'm thinking about creating some more instances and variety. Fanelian lamb stew. Cold cucumber and leek soup in Asturia. Berry ices. Colored rice dumplings molded into animal shapes. Ale. Brittle caramel lace cookies.

More cultural details. Tea ceremony. Music. Dances. History.

And who are the other two swordsmaster of Gaea?

Today's sentence:
The suspense of time was a pleasant languor, free of responsibilities and constraints, a luxurious repose full of nothing but the self.

No comments: