Friday, July 07, 2006

Ramblings

I've noticed that I tend to concentrate for a three or four hour block at a time. I wonder what this means? Maybe it has an effect on how long my chapters are, or how long each scene is, or something. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I actually spend 20+ hours per week on Deeper than the Sky, although only 1/2-3/4 of that is spent on actual writing. The other times are spent on this blog, planning, and research. As I get deeper into this project, I've started to act toward it like my game--I decline invitations to get out of my house, reject new hobby ideas, and plan my activities around its schedule. Time is limited, and I'm obsessed, what can I say.

People still read my The Dragon Cannot Cross the Line fic; I just got two reviews today. Pretty crazy @o@ Although, it's cool that I can now tell them Van will do better next time! Because I will make it so, haha.

Finally finished ch 3. Three weeks of work, but it's now wonderful and so worth the extra effort. Next plan is to revise ch 1-2 for more character development and plot detail foreshadowing, and then I can start tearing ch 4 apart. I'll get to write from a non-Hitomi non-Van perspective, and that will be interesting.

Favorite sentence from yesterday's work:
By now the rain had lessened to a drizzle, and its warm drops settled upon her honey-blond strands like a mantle of dew.

No comments: