Thursday, July 13, 2006

Drawings

Let's sidetrack a little today.

I've done some drawings to accompany some of the chapters in my fic, because I love how Van and Hitomi look, and in addition to writing waffy stuff, I like to draw waffy things. I haven't decided yet if I should do one for each chapter, or if I should do character sketches for all the characters, or just do whatever I feel like (highest probability result). The drawings help me get into the mood of the story (ie: I place them as my desktop background and grin uncontrollably at Van).

So, dilemma. I would like for readers to see the drawings, because they add to the story. But signature watermarks are a hideous trade for author's rights, and even then, there's no restrictions about website publishing. I would be quite horrified to find my drawings pop up on other websites. Also, using a free image host would mean the pictures become public domain, so I'd rather host the images on my own website. I don't think there will be enough traffic to affect my allowed bandwidth, although there's always unintentional image leeching. Perhaps a comment about how disappointed I would be would prevent most problems.


I was wondering if my banner title picture fits. If you guys think of any better screenshots, let me know! ^^

8 comments:

Sapphirefly said...

Do one of your drawings for the banner - they're better. I think anyway.

Anonymous said...

what if you write in the corner of each pic " from the fanfiction story...." to make sure no one takes it

jomiel said...

I took Sapphirefly's advice. I hope you guys like it.

To anon: Thanks for the suggestion, but it would have the same problem as a signature ^^; And I don't like signatures when I put up huge pictures up as backgrounds :P

Anonymous said...

awwww...i really like your pic

algelic said...

you banner is soooo cuteeee! ^^

I'd love to see your drawings

jomiel said...

Thanks, guys <3 I was too lazy to redo my site when I changed hosting, but maybe I'll put up my website again this weekend... No spoiler drawings though, unfortunately!

jomiel said...

I looked through my files and pictures, and didn't find anything interesting, so I only put up a blank page on my domain to prevent complete file access on my root directory.

My best work are these Escaflowne ones ^^;

Sapphirefly said...

I think your blog looks so good! You really picked a picture that looks good with your colour pallet. It looks 100% AWESOME!